about new product launches, events, and promotions
Trésor Bleu Exclusive
Item №. A700.105
Trésor Bleu Exclusive
Medal origin: France, c. 1939
Miraculous Medal in vitreous bleu enamel on both sides, in stunning detail. Gold vermeil surround, or heavy gold plating, the French standard of its time. The Miraculous Medal (French: Médaille miraculeuse), also known as the Medal of Our Lady of Graces, is a devotional medal, the design of which was originated by Saint Catherine Labouré following her apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rue du Bac, Paris, France. According to the teaching of the Catholic Church, the use of sacramentals such as this medal prepares people to receive grace and miracles. Pendant is .65 inches tall, .5 inches wide.
The Front Side
• Mary stands on a globe, crushing a serpent beneath her feet. Describing the original vision, Catherine said the Blessed Mother appeared radiant as a sunrise, "in all her perfect beauty."
• Rays shoot out from Mary's hands, which she told Catherine, "... symbolize the graces I shed upon those who ask for them."
• Words from the vision form an oval frame around Mary: "O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee."
The Reverse Side
• A cross-and-bar surmounts a large, bold "M."
• 12 stars disperse around the perimeter.
• Two hearts are depicted underneath the "M," the left lapped with a crown of thorns, the right skewed by a sword. From each, a flame emanates from the top. Again, employing a grid analysis, we can see how the reverse-side design contains great symbolism reflecting major tenets of the Catholic faith.
Design Element and its Catholic Meaning
• The large letter "M" — Mary as Mother, Mediatrix.
• Cross and bar — Jesus' Cross of Redemption.
• 12 stars — 12 Apostles, who formed the first Church.
• Left Heart — The Sacred Heart of Jesus
• Right Heart — The Immaculate Heart of Mary
This is a rare and unique piece that will stand up to many more decades of prayer and wear. Gold-filled chain: 16, 18 or 20 inches in length, your choice, from drop down menu.
Shipping is free within the U.S. Includes unique Trésor Bleu gift boxing and information sheet.
Complimentary Gift Boxing is included on all Trésor Bleu Orders. A reusable box, tied off with a white grosgrain ribbon. An information sheet of known origin, date and authenticity is included with every order. Trésors Bleu are meant to be gifted, even to yourself. A complimentary gift box is included with every order. Shipping within the U.S. is free with all orders. Trésor Bleu ships worldwide.
Miraculous Medal d'Or - c. 1941